Prof. Naim Shehadeh
Education and training
- 1976 – 1982 medical studies at the Faculty of Medicine, Technion , Haifa Israel
- 1980 – 1988 residency at the department of endocrinology at Rambam hospital
- 1983 awarded M.D. degree from Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
- 1983 – 1987 residency at the department of pediatrics at Rambam hospital
- 1988 Israel Board Specialization in pediatrics
- 1990 Israel Board Specialization in endocrinology
- 1990 – 1991 postdoctoral fellowship in pediatric diabetes at Barbara Davis Center of Children, University of Colorado Health Sciences, Denver, Colorado, USA
- 2017 – present: President, Israel Diabetes Association
- 2016 – present: Director, Institute of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism
- 2012 – present: Head, Patent Committee, Rambam Health Care Campus
- 2008 – present: Chief scientific consultant, Nutrinia, Israel
- 2006 – present: Clinical Associated Professor, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- 2005 – 2016: Head, Diabetes Clinic. Clalit Health Services, Kotev clinic, Akko, Israel
- 2002 – 2016: Director, Department of Pediatrics and Head of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinic, Rambam Medical Center
- 1991 – 1992: Postdoctoral fellowship, Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.
Significant awards and honors
- Award of excellency as a clinician and researcher, Israel Diabetes Association, 2002.
- Hershel Rich – Technion Innovation Award, “Human Insulin Additive for Infant Formula”, 2002.
- Novartis Prize – The international symposium on pediatric surgical research. “Effect of subcutaneous insulin on intestinal adaptation in a rat model of short bowel syndrome”. Liverpool, October 2nd, 2004.
- Outstanding lecturer, student survey, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion-Israel, 2000, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
- Raymond and Miriam Klein Prize for Research, "New infant formula enriched with insulin", 2006.
- Hershel Rich – Technion Innovation Award, “A Novel Biomarker for Autoimmune diabetes”, 2008.
- Scientist/Doctor of the month, D-Cure, Advancing Diabetes Care to Cure. August, 2008.